NEUROPATHY SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS IN Rocky River OH
Neuropathy is weakness, numbness, and pain from nerve damage, usually in the hands and feet. At our Rocky River OH chiropractic clinic we know that many people who suffer from neuropathy do not get a diagnosis until their symptoms are severe. Neuropathy is hard to diagnose because it is often accompanied by other underlying issues or diseases.
We use the Blueprint to Neuropathy treatment program to treat our patients. For details on the techniques and programs used: CLICK HERE
- Health Light Therapy
- Hako-Med Therapy
- Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF)
- Back on Track Decompression
- The Vibe -Vibration Therapy
- Neuropathy Massage Therapy
Signs and Symptoms of Neuropathy in Rocky River OH
- Experiencing tingling sensations in the extremities. This sensation is also described as a pin and needling feeling or prickling feeling.
- Burning pain in the lower limbs. Eventually, the burning will move into the arms and hands as the condition progresses.
- Having pains that are sharp and stabbing. Generally, these pains are worse in the evening. As the burning sensation, it will begin in the feet and legs and as the condition processes, the "electric-like" pain will move into the hands and arms.
It is also common for patients to develop muscle weakness and coordination problems. The muscles in the limbs may also become paralyzed. Patients also have an increased likelihood of developing foot ulcers and infections in the skin. Peripheral neuropathy can occur when there is nerve damage and develop into dysesthesia, which affects a patient's touch sensation. This often leads to tingling and/or burning sensation. The skin on the extremities eventually will become so sensitive that the pressure from sheets or towels.
Autonomic neuropathy happens when automatic nerves, which control body functions such as breathing, perspiration, and maintaining a heart rate, are affected. When this occurs a patient will experience:
- Low blood pressure leading to dizziness with rising from a seated or lying position
- Accelerated heartbeat
- Nausea and vomiting
- Difficulty swallowing
- Balance and coordination problems
- Digestive issues
- Inability to empty bladder completely
- Bowel and bladder incontinence
Patients also may experience issues in an individual nerve. When this occurs it is known as mononeuropathy. A person will also experience:
- Problems with the eyes
- Issues with focus
- Double vision
- Pain in the eye
- Pain in specific areas like:
- Bell's Palsy: a disorder that affects the nerves of the face causing a single side of the face to become weak or paralyzed
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: a condition that causes prickling, burning, tingling, pain, and numbness in the joints.
It's important to see a doctor if you are experiencing any abnormal pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arms, legs, wrists, ankles, hands, or feet. When a condition such as this is diagnosed early, you are able to control the condition and potentially prevent more damage. It is also recommended to see a doctor if you are having difficulty with sleep, trigger depression or if you have a small cut on an extremity that doesn't appear to be healing normally. Our team at Power of LIFE Holistic Health Center in Rocky River OH is here to help.
7:30am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm
7:30am - 1:00pm
Saturday & Sunday